Announcements for May 16, 2021…
Lakeview has a new Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83755722310
Please click on this link to join our meetings from now on. Thank you for your patience as we continue to try new things, learn, and adapt.
Here’s what to expect for our worship. We are asking that everyone observe the following limits, out of love, forbearance, and compassion for others:
- If you feel unwell, please join us by Zoom.
- We ask that everyone maintain social distancing, and we have marked off every other pew to help with this.
- Please refrain from handshakes, hugging, and other forms of physical contact.
- Masks will be worn.
- Consistory has decided to resume congregational singing.
- As a temporary measure, we won’t have a Choir, Coffee Hour, or Nursery.
- Windows and doors will remain open to help with air ventilation.
- If the Sanctuary becomes full enough that social distancing is not possible, we may ask some to consider worshipping in the Fellowship Hall.
- We will resume our practice of keeping track of attendance, so that we can contact everyone in case of exposure. If someone tests positive after attending church, we will temporarily suspend in-person worship and meet via Zoom for one Sunday. If you test positive for Covid after attending worship, please let us know so that we can take appropriate action.
Monthly Mission for May is “New Life for Haiti” – Please consider giving today to this grassroots community of individuals and churches who work to make a difference in the lives of the poorest of the poor in southern Haiti, especially to give children hope and a future.
Mowing of Church Lawn – Volunteers Needed – Volunteers are needed for the 2021 mowing season. To sign up, please contact Mark Gill (585-352-1034) or Geoff Pettifer (585-576-8772).
Food Stand on Lakeview Property – Consistory has approved a Deacons’ project for a “Food Stand” at our entry driveway. This is an outlet to make packaged food available to people that are having to choose between a meal and paying a bill. We are only supplying the location. A group of concerned citizens is building the stand, physically maintaining the stand, and supplying the food for the stand. We are not sure of the need for this in our area, but decided to back it for a while in case there is a need we are not aware of.
“Lakeviewer” – Articles for the June newsletter are due on Sunday, May 23.
Memorial Service – A memorial service for Gail Gill will be held at Lakeview on Saturday, June 12, at 11:00 AM.
Greece Ecumenical Food Shelf May Focus: Sugar-free pudding and Jell-O, canned pineapple, and canned pears. Bring your donations to the church on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday; 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The GEFS thanks everyone for their vinyl bags and food donations.
Mission Share Center – We have received a request for canned fruit for the rest of this year, such as peaches, pears, apple sauce, fruit cocktail, etc. Also, boxes of Cereal are welcomed, and are delivered weekly by Rob McCulloch. Donations can be dropped off at church on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday; 9:00-1:00 PM.
SMILE.AMAZON.COM – Support Lakeview by using the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Make a difference and shop for gifts at smile.amazon.com/ch/16-6041430 to generate donations for Lakeview.
“Dial-a-Sermon” – Call (585) 285-4557 to hear the latest Lakeview sermon. “Dial-a-Sermon” works on cell or land-line phones; sermon is available after 1:00 PM on Sundays. Sermons are also posted on the Lakeview website.
This Week at Lakeview…
May 15 – 8:00 AM-2:00 PM – Crescent Beach N’hood Assn. Waterfront Clean-Up, Lakeview Parking Lot
May 17 – 6:00-9:00 PM – Scouts, Fellowship Hall
May 18 – 10:00 AM – Lakeview Ladies’ Group Meeting, Founders’ Room
May 19 – 5:00-6:45 PM – AA Group Meeting, Fellowship Hall
May 20 – 6:30-9:00 PM – Hilton Garden Club Meeting, Fellowship Hall
May 20 – 7:00 PM – B&G Committee Meeting, Founders’ Room