Here’s what to expect for our worship. We are asking that everyone observe the following limits, out of love, forbearance, and compassion for others:
- If you feel unwell, please join us by Zoom.
- We ask that everyone maintain social distancing, and we have marked off every other pew to help with this.
- Please refrain from handshakes, hugging, and other forms of physical contact.
- Masks will be worn.
- Consistory has decided to resume congregational singing.
- As a temporary measure, we won’t have a choir at this time.
- As a temporary measure, we won’t have a nursery or coffee hour at this time.
- Windows and doors will remain open to help with air ventilation.
- If the sanctuary becomes full enough that social distancing is not possible, we may ask some to consider worshipping in the Fellowship Hall.
- We will resume our practice of keeping track of attendance, so that we can contact everyone in case of exposure. If someone tests positive after attending church, we will temporarily suspend in-person worship and meet via Zoom for one Sunday. If you test positive for Covid after attending worship, please let us know so that we can take appropriate action.
- As before, a Zoom link is available for those who are not able or comfortable to attend in person. Here is the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82163516248
The Consistory is delighted to announce that we are ready to begin celebrating communion again! We will resume our practice of monthly communion on May 2, continuing the pandemic communion practices we tried in the fall to minimize points of contact and reduce the risk of virus transmission. Thank you for your patience and flexibility in a time of much change. Here’s what you need to know about how we’ll be celebrating communion:
- We will be offering both bread and wine in individual cups.
- You will be invited to come forward single file and take bread and wine from a tray and return to your seat. (A Consistory member will help direct traffic.)
- We will still all partake together in our seats at the same time.
- A Consistory member will be available to bring communion to anyone who is unable to come forward but would still like to receive communion.
“Lakeviewer” – Articles for the May newsletter are due on April 25.
Thank you to Julie Hettel who has offered to serve as one of our Financial Co-Secretaries, beginning May 1. Julie will jointly serve with Linda Viney in this role. Thanks also to Dagmar Doland for her completed service as a Financial Co-Secretary!
Greece Ecumenical Food Shelf April Focus: Chili and Baked Beans – Regular size cans, please; most households are small. Bring your donations to the church on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday; 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Just ring the bell. GEFS also welcomes clean vinyl, re-usable shopping bags. Mission Share Center still accepts clothing; especially needed are coats of any kind. A black bin is located in the narthex for the coats (or clothing). Boxes of Cereal are also welcomed, and are delivered weekly by Rob McCulloch.
Do you have balls of yarn that you will not be using—or do not need? Donations can be left in the basket provided inside the church (by ramp doors). Contact Person: Jean Dibble (225-5618)
Flower Chart 2021 – The flower chart to sign-up to purchase flowers for Sunday services is posted in the Fellowship Hall. Cost remains at $16.00—payable by cash or check (payable to Sherry Romanczyk). Orders have been penciled in from the 2020 calendar for the dates during which the church was closed due to the Pandemic (Mar. 22-Sept. 6 & Nov. 22-Dec. 27). Feel free to erase or change those requests.
Meals for the Rodriguez Family – The program schedule is listed on: Take Them A Meal | Easy online meal sign ups to support your loved ones. You will be asked for the recipient’s last name. Enter: Rodriguez. The password is: Lakeview. Info for sign-up is on this site. Program has been updated to include Thursdays. Call Sheila Williams with questions, or email her at email@example.com.
Mowing of Church Lawn – Volunteers Needed – We are looking for volunteers for the 2021 mowing season. If interested, please contact Mark Gill (585-352-1034) or Geoff Pettifer (585-576-8772).
“Dial-a-Sermon” – Call (585) 285-4557 to hear the latest Lakeview sermon. “Dial-a-Sermon” works on cell or land-line phones; sermon will be available after 1:00 PM on Sundays. Sermons are also posted on the Lakeview website.
SMILE.AMAZON.COM – Support Lakeview this year by using the Amazon shopping app on iOS and Android mobile phones! Make a difference and shop for gifts to generate donations for Lakeview at smile.amazon.com/ch/16-6041430.
Graveside Service for Sally L. Hoffman who went home to her Lord on December 15, 2020. Pastor Bill Hoffman would like to invite you to her graveside service on Saturday, May 8, 11:00 AM, at the Marion Village Cemetery (3555 Newark Road, Marion, NY 14505). All are welcome.